About PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security framework developed by major credit cards companies such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB International to safeguard against credit card fraud and data breaches. It applies to all organizations that accept credit card payments, regardless of size or industry.
The framework comprises 12 requirements categorized into six groups:
- Build and maintain a secure network and systems
- Protect cardholder data
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Implement strong access control measures
- Regularly monitor and test networks
- Maintain an information security policy
These requirements ensure organizations have robust security controls to safeguard cardholder data from theft and fraud. Compliance with PCI DSS is mandatory for all entities that process credit card payments, and failure to comply may lead to hefty penalties, legal liabilities, and reputational damage.
Does your company need it?
All companies that accept credit card payments, regardless of size or industry, must comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). It includes retailers, service providers, hotels, restaurants, e-commerce websites, and other organizations accepting credit card payments. Compliance is mandatory for all entities that process credit card transactions to ensure that they have robust security controls to protect cardholder data from theft and fraud.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with PCI DSS requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Our Implementation Approach:
Univate uses a 5-phase approach for GAP analysis, risk assessment, and implementation support
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the critical areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal audit for compliance
- Corrective and Remediation/ Preventive actions
- Conduct/Support the final compliance audit process
- Improved Security
- Reduced Risk
- Enhanced Reputation
- Increased Customer Confidence
- Improved Cost Management