About CMMI SVC
CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) SVC (Service) is a process improvement framework designed for organizations that provide services rather than develop products.
CMMI SVC focuses on improving organizations’ processes to deliver customer services. It provides a framework for assessing and improving service delivery processes, including service design, service delivery, and service management.
CMMI SVC comprises best practices and guidelines for service providers to achieve process maturity and quality improvement. These practices cover service planning, service delivery, monitoring and control, performance management, and service process improvement.
Does your company require it?
Organizations adopt CMMI SVC as a best practice framework for improving service delivery processes and achieving higher service maturity and quality levels.
CMMI SVC is particularly useful for service-oriented organizations such as IT service providers, business process outsourcing companies, and consulting firms. Any organization that provides customer services can benefit from adopting CMMI SVC.
Some government agencies require their contractors to have CMMI SVC certification as a condition for doing business with them. Similarly, some companies may require their service providers to be CMMI SVC certified as a condition for awarding contracts.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with CMMI SVC requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Our Implementation Approach:
Univate uses a 5-phase approach for GAP analysis, risk assessment, and implementation support.
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the critical areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal Audit for compliance
- Corrective and Remediation/ Preventive actions
- Conduct/Support the final compliance audit process
- Improved service quality, loyalty and competitive advantage
- Better process efficiency
- Improved risk management
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Competitive advantage
- Improved teamwork and communication
- Continuous process improvement