About ISO 22301:2019 (Business Continuity Management System)
ISO 22301 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for a business continuity management system (BCMS). The standard provides a framework for organizations to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents, such as natural disasters, cyber-attacks, or other crises.
ISO 22301 defines the critical components of a business continuity management system, including the development of a business continuity policy, a business impact analysis, risk assessments, business continuity strategies, and response and recovery plans. The standard emphasizes the importance of maintaining the continuity of critical business functions during and after disruptive incidents and the need for ongoing monitoring, testing, and improvement of the BCMS.
Does your company need it?
ISO 22301 is a standard for business continuity management systems (BCMS) and can be implemented by any organization, regardless of its size, type, and industry. Any organization that wants to ensure the continuity of its critical business processes in the face of unexpected disruptions, such as natural disasters, cyber-attacks, pandemics, or any other incident that could affect its operations, can benefit from implementing ISO 22301. This includes organizations in finance, healthcare, transportation, energy, government, and many others.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with ISO 22301 requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Our Implementation Approach:
Univate uses a 5-phase approach for GAP analysis, risk assessment, and implementation support.
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
We use Six phase work methodology for the entire engagement. All the phases are mentioned below sequentially which starts with GAP assessment & remediation and, ends with BCMS Audit and ISO 22301 Certification. Details of each of those phases have been depicted.
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the key areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal audit for compliance
- Corrective and remediation/ preventive actions
- Conduct/support the final compliance audit process
- Enhanced resilience
- Increased stakeholder confidence
- Improved efficiency
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Competitive advantage