About NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) is a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce. NIST develops and promotes standards, guidelines, and best practices to improve the security and resilience of information systems and networks in the United States. NIST is responsible for developing and maintaining various standards and guidelines, including the Cybersecurity Framework, Risk Management Framework, and cryptographic standards. Government agencies, private sector organizations, and other stakeholders widely use these standards and guidelines to enhance the security and privacy of their information systems and data.
The five core functions of the NIST are:
- Identify: This involves identifying the organization’s assets, cybersecurity risks, and how to manage those risks.
- Protect: This involves implementing safeguards to protect the organization’s assets, such as access controls, security training, and secure configurations.
- Detect: This involves monitoring the organization’s systems to detect potential cybersecurity events or incidents.
- Respond: This involves developing and implementing an incident response plan to respond quickly to cybersecurity incidents.
- Recover: This involves developing and implementing a plan to restore the organization’s systems and assets after a cybersecurity incident.
Does your company need it?
NIST guidelines and standards provide a framework for information security management that can be applied to any organization, regardless of size or industry sector. These guidelines and standards are relevant to a wide range of sectors, including Government agencies and organizations, Healthcare providers and organizations, Financial services and banking institutions, Educational institutions, Technology and software development companies, Defense and military organizations, Energy and utility companies, transportation and logistics companies, Manufacturing and industrial organizations and more.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with NIST requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Our Implementation Approach:
Univate uses a 5-phase approach for GAP analysis, risk assessment, and implementation support.
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the critical areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal audit for compliance
- Corrective and Remediation/ Preventive actions
- Conduct/Support the final compliance audit process
- Improved cybersecurity posture
- Better risk management
- Increased collaboration and communication
- Enhanced regulatory compliance
- Improved supply chain security