About CSA Star
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Security Trust Assurance and Risk (STAR) program is a globally recognized initiative for cloud service providers (CSPs) to showcase their security and privacy capabilities. The program provides a framework for CSPs to follow. It allows them to document their security and privacy posture, making it easier for customers to assess and compare cloud service offerings.
The CSA STAR program includes three levels of certification:
- Self-assessment: A CSP performs a self-assessment of their security and privacy capabilities based on the CSA Cloud Control Matrix (CCM) and publishes the results on the CSA STAR Registry.
- Third-party assessment: A CSP undergoes an independent third-party evaluation of its security and privacy capabilities using the CCM and publishes the results on the CSA STAR Registry.
- Continuous monitoring: A CSP undergoes ongoing monitoring of its security and privacy capabilities and publishes the results on the CSA STAR Registry.
Does your company need it?
CSA STAR is relevant to any organization using cloud computing services, including cloud service providers, customers, and third-party assessors. It includes organizations in various industries, such as healthcare, financial services, government, and technology. CSA STAR can be helpful to organizations of all sizes, from small startups to large multinational corporations, as it provides a standardized approach to assessing and managing cloud security risks.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with CSA Star requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the critical areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal audit for compliance
- Corrective and remediation/ preventive actions
- Conduct/support the final compliance audit process
- Improved security
- Increased transparency
- Enhanced customer trust
- Competitive advantage
- Expense reduction