About Data Classification
Data classification involves organizing data based on sensitivity, confidentiality, and criticality to ensure that it is handled appropriately, secured properly, and access to it is controlled based on sensitivity. By categorizing data into different levels or classes based on the risk associated with the data, organizations can better understand what data they have, its sensitivity, and its value to the organization. It helps organizations implement appropriate security controls and meet regulatory compliance requirements for protecting sensitive data.
In addition, data classification can improve incident response during a data breach or security incident. Organizations can respond quickly and appropriately by knowing which data was affected and what level of response is needed. Data classification is crucial for organizations to protect their data and comply with regulatory requirements.
Does your company need it?
Data classification is a best practice for any organization that handles sensitive information, such as financial data, personally identifiable information (PII), trade secrets, or confidential business information. This includes organizations of all sizes and across all industries, including but not limited to finance, healthcare, government, retail, and technology. Any organization wanting to protect its data and ensure it is handled appropriately should consider implementing a data classification system.
How can Univate help?
At Univate Support, we offer comprehensive assistance to ensure your operations comply with Data Classification requirements. Our services include training, documentation, and implementing policies, procedures, processes, templates, checklists, guidelines, and other necessary controls. We provide end-to-end support until your organization completes a compliance audit, meeting all control requirements.
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End-to-end documentation
- Training on the control implementation and sustenance.
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Reduce cycle time of end-to-end implementation process
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the key areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing controls.
- Assess risks and opportunities.
- Define, review and update Policies, procedures, processes, templates, guidelines, and checklists.
- Active support for effective implementation of controls
- Internal Audit for compliance
- Corrective and Remediation/ Preventive actions
- Conduct/Support the final compliance audit process
- Improved data security
- Enhanced compliance
- Better decision-making
- Increased efficiency
- Improved incident response