About ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
It helps your organization achieve the same through management of the following key elements:
- Environmental policy
- Implementation and Operation
- Checking and Corrective Action
- Management review
- Continuous improvement
Is it Required for Your Company?
Yes, if your organization wants to embark the journey to improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
What Is Needed to be ISO 14001 Certified?
A set of policy, procedure, processes need to be implemented for your organization and to be practiced rigorously for high degree of sustenance.
With more than 10 implementations over last 5 years, Univate has plenty of experience and expertise to take your organization through the implementation and certification audits and reap the benefits of an efficient Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
Why Univate? How we stand out?
Univate has deep understanding of EMS requirements in different industry segments, business lines and have unique approach to ensure that all organizational business components work seamlessly together to give the best possible outcome. Univate would advise, support implementation and ensure that all the appropriate technical and organizational Controls/Safeguards are in place as per ISO 14001 framework.
Our Implementation Approach:
Univate uses a 5-phase approach for GAP analysis, risk assessment, and implementation support.
Salient features of our engagement approach are:
- Unique and Proven engagement approach
- End to end documentation
- Training on the model and we provide training materials and handholding
- Complex client implementation experience in different countries
- Cost arbitrage
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of sustenance
- Our unique automation tool automates managing the system
We use Six phase work methodology for the entire engagement. All the phases are mentioned below sequentially which starts with GAP assessment & remediation and, ends with EMS Audit and ISO 14001 Certification. Details of each of those phases have been depicted.
Our assessment and implementation support methodology addresses the key areas like:
- Conduct a Gap Assessment of the existing EMS
- Impact Analysis, Risk Assessment
- EMS documentation & management system development Conduct training and awareness programs.
- Internal Audit for ISO 14001
- Train the personnel on EMS
- Corrective and Remediation/ Preventive actions for Environmental Management System (EMS) as result of the Internal Audit.
- Support external certification & surveillance audits and conduct CAPA
- Annual maintenance of EMS
- Your commitment to the community
- Proves your organization to be a responsible business
- Adherence to Statutory and Regulatory compliance wrt. environmental requirements
- Protects and enhances reputation and credibility.
- Cost savings through proper management of resources and waste
- Increases employee engagement and understanding.
- Operational Parameters Improvement